What Do I Do?
I work along side brands to….
• Advise and develop the brands image style that speaks of the companies USP and target market.
• Work to strict briefs and offer advise on ways to add extra value to them and ensure completion on time and on budget.
• Create memorable signature images that are brand identifiable.
• Create libraries of assets including stills,repurposed stills for 3D motion and video including stop motion and Cinegraphs all with a continuity of the brands style that can be utilised for various media campaigns.
• Arrange simple single day shoots to more complex full productions from start to finish including location finding, model casting and post-production to provide a turn key solution.
• Provide peace of mind by providing a wealth of experience to deal with those unexpected problems that can pop up during a shoot and have the knowledge to work through them when the clock is ticking!
Work & Vision
With an interest in people and exploring new places, Simon draws upon decades of his photographic knowledge from both behind the camera and the post-production suite.
The images he creates can often be summed up as tranquil, uncluttered, beautiful moments, you could say it’s his idyllic vision of the world and the people that appear within it.
The skills & knowledge he brings to a shoot not only ensure the visual integrity of the job from start to finish but also provides “thinking on your feet” solutions for when potential problems arise and the clock is ticking.
Working nationally & internationally for a range of clients he is happy shooting to tightly controlled briefs and pushing above and beyond what’s requested on time and within budget.
Together with help from his producer a full production can be handled providing a convenient turnkey solution when requested.
Riding and customising Vespa & Lambretta scooters in the mid-1980’s that’s how in a weird set of events I became obsessed with and decided upon photography as a career some 28 years ago. Over the years I think it’s fair to say I’ve photographed most things from celebs to door knockers.
My big breakthrough came shooting men’s lifestyle images with Clarks Shoes followed by several years capturing cars and other projects and campaigns. Constantly keeping up with new imaging technologies and pushing new techniques of my own, I found myself to be one of the very first photographers shooting HDR imaging for the CGI rendering of automotive in the U.K
I’m told on very good authority (well the wife) that I’ll talk to anyone but I’m just interested in people, well either that or just nosey! The simple fact is I feel comfortable chatting and photographing anyone from the 6’2 model, the CEO of Shell in his London HQ or the rustic looking fella stripping willow bark in the backwaters of the Somerset countryside they all intrigue me.
So it’s no surprise really that today I have come full circle back to capturing people and places. The only change is I now capture motion as well as stills from the air too …yes I’m still trying to keep up with the ever-changing technology.
I’m also back riding my 47-year-old Lambretta pretending I’m 17 again when time allows of course.